09 July 2011

Who Cares?


The Dodgers have won their last three games by shutouts, including today's doozy where they didn't have a hit until their potential 27th out (Juan Uribe) doubled to left. Naturally, Dioner Navarro, perhaps the only guy on the team worse than Uribe, singled him in and the Dodgers went from being no-hit to being winners in a matter of minutes.

But the big story today was the boycott and demonstration outside the stadium. While the amount of people waving signs on Elysian Park wasn't nearly as high as the planners had hoped, the camera shots of the stands during the FOX telecast were staggering enough. There were no more than 9,000 people in attendance. It looked like a Marlins home game.

I still watch the team (though I don't know why), but this whole process of Frankruptcy is just so taxing that I won't belabor the whole "Frank sucks" thing any more than I need.

I'm moving to DC on Aug 4, kicking off a cross-country road trip that will settle me into a new life in a new city. I won't stop being a Dodgers fan but I will be looking forward to visiting Nationals Park every once in a while to watch a team that has what my beloved Dodgers seem to be completely devoid of...

...a future.

1 comment:

  1. For those idiots still attending Dodger games thrs good news. Dodgers announcing discount tickets in left field area formerly known as "Mannywood". Now officially "Pico Rivera", in honor of new Dodger LF Juan Rivera, plenty of seats are still available.

    ReplyDelete